Sunday, September 17, 2006

Trouble With My Priorities

Every now and then I look at my accumulation of stuff and swear all sorts of mighty oaths to simplify my life. This usually means that I intend to try to liquidate some of my junk on eBay. Now and then I actually do, but in the meantime I backfill the old junk with even more new junk and end up even deeper in the hole.

Lately I've taken to buying things via eBay, so the great engine of life simplification has suddenly turned into the great engine of junk accumulation.

I am doomed.

2 comments:

Rosemary Welch said...

Oh, William! Say it isn't so! I know all about those oaths. That is why I do not make them. I am too much of a perfectionist to break a promise, and I do not want to disappoint God. (My belief.)

Suggestions? Why, yes! For each thing you buy, you get rid of two things. My thing is books. When I buy another book, I clean the apartment (maybe). Whatever needs being done that is outside the norm. Good luck!

William said...

Lately I've been trying to collect books that I don't want any more so I can donate them to Goodwill or the Salvation Army. Unfortunately, I never seem to haul the boxes of books away, so now my garage is cluttered with boxes full of dusty books that I'm now embarrassed to donate!

I mean well...