Monday, July 02, 2007

Anniversary

It just struck me that this is my one-year blogging anniversary, more or less. Whee!

I haven't written much lately because I haven't really had the inclination. June wasn't a great month and I just didn't think there was any need to diddle my navel on a blog; navel-gazing is something best done in a swimming pool with a glass of wine, I think.

The Bad News

The bad news is that I am unemployed. At 27 years with the same company, I'm out on the sidewalk with my box of desk junk. I'm not going to say much about this until I've had time to think, explore my options, and find another job.

The Good News

The good news is that I don't miss my old job - the company had gone out of its way in the last year in particular to equip itself with square wheels and I don't miss the shaking. More good news is that jobs appear to be fairly thick on the ground, and my "secret network" seems to be working in my favor. And another piece of good news is that the box scraper I ordered arrived, and it works like gangbusters.

No comments: