Saturday, August 27, 2011

Before and After in the Back Yard


Here are some before-and-after pictures of our back yard.



Before - my wife out training the baby miniature horse in her ancient electric wheelchair. It worked okay, though she tended to get stuck in soft soil, and eventually the controller had a major failure and it would only go in circles. Note the conspicuous absence of anything in the yard except for a few weeds and the one tree.



Digging the pool. Note the tree that the dump truck almost backed into - same tree as in the picture above. The guy running the excavator said "At least there's no problem with access on this property!" I should say not. They dumped the dirt off to the left and I ended up using all of it making flood control berms.


The back yard as it stands more or less today.


More of the back yard. Note the size of the tree now, which is on the left side of the picture.

We've done a lot over the years. But I wonder how much more I could have done if I hadn't spent two years dealing with cancer. Oh well. At least I'm still here to enjoy it.


No comments: