Sunday, March 31, 2013

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum

The Blog Dog died today.  That's the scruffy black thing in the photo, over on the left.  It wasn't entirely unexpected - she was getting old and was having heart problems.  But even when it isn't unexpected, it's still unwelcome.  She just laid down on the rug, and quietly, peacefully died.  We buried her in the back yard with her rubber tire toy, and now there's a big hole in my life.

The hole will slowly fill in with other things.  Holes like that always do.  But I'll always remember her, the happy little pound puppy that we saved from being put to sleep and gave a nice life to, and she rewarded us by being a happy, goofy little dog who leaned against me while I was going through chemo and never complained about anything.

So long, dog.  Rest now.

6 comments:

-Warren Zoell said...

I am so sorry for your loss. You have my deepest condolences and sympathies.
My cat died in my arms back in 2004, and to this day it still tears at me.
So I understand the loss you must be going through.
Pets are family and loosing one is heart wrenching.
May Blog Dog rest in peace :`(

William said...

Thanks, I appreciate that. Losing a pet is so hard. I've been trying to write down all the good memories of my dog so I don't dwell on the bad things, and it helps, but there's still a little dog-shaped hole in me.

Just like there's a cat-shaped hole in you still.

-Warren Zoell said...

Hang in there:-)

Barbara said...

:( Mere words cannot express how sad I am about this. :(

-Warren Zoell said...

Are you alright?

-Warren Zoell said...

Go with God William. You are missed.
And to Williams family and friends you have my deepest sympathies and condolences.
:`(
July 15, 1960 - November 5, 2013