Saturday, February 17, 2007



A clean workbench is a sign of... what, exactly? I'm almost embarrassed to put this picture on my blog, as it might give one the impression that I am, to say the least, an unrepentant slob. And the conclusion is tempting; who could blame one? But let me 'splain.


This was when we lived in the small house in town, and my 'workbench' amounted to an old desktop perched between a couple of two-by-fours in the closet that held the water heater. I had enough room to get into my chair and sit down, but that was about it. I had no room to store anything, so I said "Heck with it" and threw organization to the four winds and let myself go. Now that I've moved to a much bigger house, I'm somewhat more organized.


What can one discern about me from this picture, other than that at the time I was a slob? I smoke, and that's a bummer. I drink coffee. I take the occasional Alka-Seltzer. I wear eyeglasses, but remove them for close-up work. I use a lot of "craft paint". I have a hard time throwing plastic bowls away.


What's funny is that you almost can't see the project I was working on for all the mess. It's a pair of Andreas 54mm Roman legionaries.




No comments: