Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Long Road Back

I've been back at work for three days, and I think I'm wearing down a little. I suppose that's to be expected - I had my bone marrow killed only about three weeks ago, so I guess it's normal to be tired a lot. But it's starting to frustrate me a little. I know I shouldn't expect too much of myself just yet, but it still annoys me from time to time that I'm not as strong as I was.

I'm always tired. I'm always cold. And I complain a lot too, apparently.

What really bugs me is that I seem to have forgotten how to paint a model. I've been working on the Moebius issue of Imhotep for a while, and it seems that everything I try is wrong. I bought the wrong colors of paint. I seem to have forgotten how to thin acrylic paint. I can't paint a straight line. It'll come back, I'm sure - I've been building models since I was seven, and surely forty years of experience can't vanish because of a little chemo and a few weeks in the hospital. But on top of being constantly tired and cold, it would be nice if I could at least paint something properly.

But let's look at it this way: where would I be today without the chemo? That puts things into perspective, doesn't it?

No comments: