Sunday, September 16, 2007

Middlebuster

I tried my new middlebuster this morning. Yikes! That thing's a digging fool! I foresee getting much use out of that thing in the future. Even behind my relatively modest tractor it'll cut furrows through hard-baked desert soil about as deep as I care to go. It's cool!

It's a bit tricky getting the thing mounted on the tractor, though, especially getting the top link pin in. The factory pressed the ears a little too close together so I have to hammer the top link bushing into place, and then hammer the top link pin through (it's tapered so it tends to automatically center the top link bushing, but it has to be fairly close to right to start with).

My tractor runs like crap lately. It's missing steadily on one cylinder and occasionally on as many as three; it won't even idle without dying. It's an ignition problem; I sense the usual suspects of a cracked distributor cap, bad spark plug wires, or cracked/fouled spark plugs. Too bad it's so hot outside or I'd go do something proactive about it.

UPDATE: I can't find my spark plug sockets, so I guess I have no choice but to stay inside and drink beer. Darn!

No comments: