Sunday, November 30, 2008

The Lost Weekend

Well, the four-day weekend is almost over and it's time to start getting myself ready to go back to work. It's kind of a drag, but not too severe of one. Mostly it means getting up early in the morning, which I resent even though I'm usually up early anyway.

I had a good Thanksgiving. The main familial Thanksgiving was fun, even if the Arizona Cardinals did stink up the football field something awful and a blob of some manner of food fell off my plate and into my shirt pocket. The second "Thanksgiving with Friends" the next day was fun too, even though my wretched bum leg made me feel like a bit of a wet blanket. But it did seem that practically everyone I ran into over the weekend thought I had lost weight, so I've got that going for me (and what a wonderful thing to say to me too, I might add).

And now it's time to go back to work. Mostly, in my mind, it's one day closer to finding out what's wrong with my leg and, hopefully, having it fixed. And then, back on the exercise program!

1 comment:

Rosemary Welch said...

Dear William, I will be praying for your leg. Please e-mail at rawsense2004 AT yahoo DOT com to let me know how everything turns out. Keep your chin up! :)