Saturday, August 01, 2009

Complications

I was going to go to Mexico this Monday, but I figured it wouldn't be wise to try to drive to Rocky Point on the same day I had a deep biopsy. So I'm going to go Tuesday morning, and will be back Friday afternoon.

The main draw for me is the ocean. I could spend hours just sitting and watching the ocean, and I probably will. Maybe it's some misplaced Viking DNA that makes the ocean so fascinating to me, and maybe as a desert dweller I'm simply astonished to the point of muteness by the sight of so much water.

But it appears that my body has picked a bad time to recycle all its epithelial cells, again. There had better be a bathroom about every half horu along the route, and I know that there are stretches where this is not true, especially the long trawl across the Goldwater range to Ajo, and the business through the Organ Pipe National Monument, and that bleak business between Sonoita and Puerto Penasco itself.

This is becoming very frustrating. When exactly can I expect this unpleasant chemotherapy side effect to finally go away? Or is this a side effect of the anxiety I feel? My stress level is extremely high these days, for many reasons that don't all revolve around cancer, and it's possible my innards have just gone berzerk from stress.

Either way, if I don't get better soon, going to Mexico becomes doubtful, and I just HATE the thought of that.

No comments: