Friday, September 18, 2009

Horsepital


It looks like I can take my laptop to the hospital with me, and they have a wireless presence. That'll be fun, blogging from the depths of the transplant isolation wing, but what I wonder even more is what the staff will think of Amon Amarth. There might be something a little strange about listening to death metal in a hospital room, and I intend to find out.


I'm also considering putting together a little kit so I can build the occasional model while I'm there. Nothing too spectacular, mind you. I think I've settled on a couple of older Revell models of World War One airplanes, specifically the Sopwith Triplane and the Fokker Dr.1, also a triplane. These are small and inoffensive, confronting one with neither complex assembly nor great cost, just the sort of thing to stick together with nontoxic citrus glue while listening to Amon Amarth and waiting for one's hair to fall out.


3 comments:

Stockyard Queen said...

Do you have to sterilize everything before you take it in there?

William said...

They haven't really said one way or the other. Visitors have to scrub up to the elbows with surgical soap and they aren't allowed to touch me or use my bathroom, but I don't know if my "stuff" has to be sterilized or not. It seems like a wise precaution though...

Stockyard Queen said...

Well, don't forget to take the Kindle with you.