Saturday, January 02, 2010

I'm Just Not That Into That Movie

I watched He's Just Not That Into You a few days ago. Boy. All I can really say about it is that I'm clearly not the target demographic for that sort of thing. It was tedious, talky, predictable, contrived, boring and fundamentally irrelevant to my life - a worse waste of two or three hours of my time would be hard to imagine. It took about as long to watch as it took for the surgeons to install a central venous line in my chest - and at least after the procedure, I had a functional central line. All I had after watching the movie was a vague desire to take a shower to wash the oily dialogue off my skin.

I'm not saying it's a bad movie. Maybe if you're a rich and incredibly self-absorbed thirtysomething who spends most of your time getting pedicures, hanging around in upscale bars and vaporing about relationships, it might resonate with you (though I'd hope not). But for me, someone who is most definitely not in that target demographic, it was as tedious as reading a book on the uses and properties of hydraulic fluid - and not even that useful.

And funny? Oh yeah, about as funny as having a severely stoned friend waste 45 minutes of your time describing this weird dream he had about the Grateful Dead trying to order chicken sandwiches at Del Taco.

No comments: