Friday, January 01, 2010

Last Post

This is likely to be my last post before I go into the hospital. Not definitely my last post, but probably my last post.

I just want to thank my family and friends for all their support and help during what has been a difficult year. Support takes many different forms. People driving me to and from appointments because I can't drive myself. People giving me money to help pay for my treatments. Phone calls and emails that distract me and pull me out of the reality of cancer. Talking to my nephews about death metal music or the Croca-Cun or Kill Bill and all its maldiction. And most of all to my wife, who brings me surprises from the store and never is too tired or sore herself to take care of me.

It's possible that I could die in this upcoming procedure. Not likely, by any means, but there is a small chance. And if that does come to pass and I expire, it won't be because I gave up or because anyone failed me.

My best wishes to everyone, and I'll see you all on the far side of this. I may see if I can get a guest blogger to post occasional updates, but we'll see how that goes.

I wish everyone a peaceful, prosperous and happy new year.

No comments: