Saturday, June 12, 2010

Herpes Zoster


Ever wondered what shingles looks like when it's on your face and in your eye? It looks like this. I look for all the world like I've been involved in some good-natured but extremely violent Dudesons stunt, except that so many of their good-natured but extremely violent stunts seem to involve horrific testicular disasters (the "Stairway to Hell" being prototypical and cringeworthy).

Earlier the dark thing on my eyelid finally crusted up and fell off. I hoped this would represent some sort of progress, but it didn't. My eye is as swollen and painful as ever, and the crusty bits on my forehead have begun to bleed.

On the whole it doesn't hurt as much as it did last weekend, when it seemed that some large and important cranio-facial nerve was freaking out about every five seconds. Now it just feels about like it looks like it should, like I got hit in the eye with a softball or a rocket-propelled stuffed reindeer (to keep the Dudeson reference alive).

1 comment:

Stockyard Queen said...

I must be missing the good-natured part--this looks like it must hurt like hell. Hope you're better soon!