Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Just In Case

You know, just in case anyone was wondering, it's really awfully nice knowing that I don't have cancer, at least at the moment.

I've been working nights lately, which is interesting. It's very dark and quiet in the plant; I'm basically the only one there. But I get a lot done, and the days (or nights) just fly by, for some reason. It probably has something to do with not having to go to any meetings. There's usually one or two meetings right at the start of my evening, but then it's just me and the code.

And when I get home, the garage is fairly cool and the bugs have largely gone to bed, so I'm able to tinker at the workbench for a while without either sweating myself to death, or having to fight an onslaught of bugs. The other day I opened my tube of white glue for some reason or another, and a stupid wasp crawled right into the spout and became entombed in white glue. Well, better that than flying into my cup of coffee.

I note a lot of mosquitoes these days, though, which I don't like. I'm not sure where they're coming from - there's probably an old tire with water in it somewhere nearby. But every time I hear the whine of a mosquito, I can't help but think "West Nile Virus..." No laughing matter, but I am somewhat relieved by the fact that my immune system is more or less back to normal and I'm not liable to be laid low by whatever virus comes along.

1 comment:

Stockyard Queen said...

As far as I'm concerned, you can laugh at any damned thing you find funny. You're entitled.