Sunday, August 22, 2010

Keeping Myself Occupied




I hate waiting for PET scan results. I alternate between poles of supreme confidence and supreme lack of confidence, and the anxiety of not knowing wears on me. If I don't have cancer, well, that's dandy. If I do, well, that's okay too; we'll just move on to the next treatment. But the uncertainty is a bummer.

So to keep myself from fretting all weekend I put a new floor in the office. I can't remember the brand name, but it's a kind of laminate flooring. Once you learn a few lessons and develop a certain amount of technique, it's actually pretty easy to put in, and quite inexpensive. And as a means of keeping myself from fretting about cancer, it's first-rate.

Now I just have to finish putting all the books back...

2 comments:

Stockyard Queen said...

You can come occupy yourself at my house. I have a fine list of home improvement projects just waiting for someone to tackle them . . . .

William said...

Oh, oh, I think my old war wound is acting up again... Just in time!