Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Killing Me!

Man, these three-day work weeks are killing me. Just killing me! I was off for three days. Now I'll work for three days, and then I'll be off for three days again. And I have the gall to gripe about it! My nerve knows no bounds.

I keep thinking that during my three days off, I should do something about the weeds that the rain has raised from the ground. But the thing is, I actually kind of like the weedy look! It makes me think that we live in a temperate clime and I like the sense of greenness and lushness. And since there's no HOA (excluding Roger Ramjet from up the street) do I really have to do anything about the weeds? No. So I'm torn. I may leave them till they stop looking green and lush and then pull them up - or is that a rationalization for inactivity?

1 comment:

Jean said...

If we weren't getting into snake season, I wouldn't mind the lush growth either. However, I look at the weeds and see a place for rattlers to hide.

I also look at them and think how much harder it will be to remove them later. Not that it's going to be easy now, by any means, but later they'll have put down another two feet of root.

I also think how much nicer that spot under the tree would look with some pretty gravel and maybe a stone bench...