Wednesday, February 20, 2008

A Warning from the Surgeon-General

I was listening to my iPod at work yesterday and made an interesting discovery.

I was listening to the song "Dance With You" by Bowling For Soup, which has lyrics like this:

You go up and down
turn around
merry go round and round
shake it shake it two times dose doe cotten eyed joe
run around pull me down never gonna come around
I’m never gonna forget you


Then I listened to the song "To End the Rapture" by Avenged Sevenfold, which has lyrics like these:

The wind of life and air from above smells of death.
Angels sing of the end.
Nothing you say and nothing you try can change time.
Human race prepares to die...

If you switch back and forth between these songs often enough, you'll eventually experience a strange psychic phenomenon where you literally come to believe that you're literally losing your mind and you're turning into a toaster oven.

My advice: not so much Avenged Sevenfold, thank you very much. There's a time and a place for it, but not as a chaser for Bowling For Soup.

PS: All lyrics presumably copyrighted by Bowling For Soup and Avenged Sevenfold.

No comments: