Friday, April 11, 2008

Funniest Thing I've Seen In Weeks


I was in the break room weighing the "Skittles versus peanuts" question when I saw this comic strip in the local paper. It's the funniest thing I've seen since the destruction of the model of the Wasa in "Get Fuzzy".
(Honestly, I thought the whole Wasa thread in Get Fuzzy was genius - the idea that the model must meet the fate of the genuine article is provocative, to say the least. So if one builds a model of a P-51D Mustang, must one then get George Preddy or Don Gentile to sit on it and attempt to fly it over Berlin? If one builds a model of Apollo 13, must one then contrive to have the model LOX tank explode? Oh, would that one could!)
PS: George Preddy and Don Gentile are two famous P-51 Mustang aces, though certainly not the only ones. I mention Preddy because of his fantabulous Clark Gable moustache, and Don Gentile because he maybe wasn't a great instinctive ace with a killer marksman's eye, but he was a great fighter leader and I have to respect the courage of any man who strapped on a P-51 and took it all the way downtown into the very Heart of Darkness.

No comments: