Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day Four

Day Four is in the books and boy am I ever sick. I'm wearing a transderman patch for nausea, and I got intravenous Aloxi for nausea this morning, and the nausea is still intense. And it isn't even over; I have one more day to go, though tomorrow I don't get etopacide or cisplatin; tomorrow I get cytabarine or whatever it is. I can't remember. The chemo is causing a market fuzziness of thought and I'm having trouble with words. This to me is one of the most disturbing aspects of chemo. I know the nausea and diarrhea and whatnot will eventually go away, but this strange feeling of slowly losing my mind is scary. I hate the feeling that comes over me when I try to read something as simple as a magazine article and I have to put it down because the words become confusing and almost threatening.

They say that come Monday I'll be transferred to the care of the transplant team. Things are going to start happening with considerable speed, I think, though I personally don't know what the schedule is yet.

But for now, I'm going to take a compazine and a percocet and try to sleep.

No comments: