Sunday, December 20, 2009

It worked

My new Hickman line worked - they were able to successfully draw blood out of all three of the lines, clearing away the last technical hurdle before the Second Transplant begins. I don't think it's going to be happening before Christmas though. They've only got four more days left to schedule the thing, and I just can't see it happening that fast.

My feelings are mixed. I'm glad to be home and relatively healthy (if somewhat weak) for Christmas. But on the other hand, the sooner the Second Transplant starts, the sooner it's over. I'd give up Christmas in return for a reasonable assurance that my lymphoma is going to be destroyed.

I'm starting to miss things. I'm starting to miss going out to dinner. I'm starting to miss going to lunch with the guys from work. I'm starting to miss lettuce and salad and spinach. I'm starting to miss going places like Harbor Freight or the hobby shop or the bookstore just for the hell of it. I think I'd just as soon have the second transplant now and get it out of the way to minimize how much longer I'll miss such things.

But the second transplant is going to be ugly. I just have that feeling. And I sometimes wonder just how much more I can cope with.

No comments: