Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas

It looks like I'll get to spend Christmas at home this year, and in halfway decent health to boot. That's nice, for several reasons. The most obvious one is that I'm still here - last year at this time, my lymphoma was so advanced and I was in such poor general health the odds of making it to this Christmas weren't so good. Then there's the fact that I very nearly had to spend this Christmas in the hospital undergoing the second stem cell transplant, but it appears that the timing worked out in my favor. And third, even though I was home for Christmas last year, I was in terrible shape - I had a bone marrow biopsy on December 24th, to cite just one thing.

The point is that this year I'll be home for Christmas, and I feel pretty good. I could ask for little more than that.

No comments: