Monday, April 12, 2010

Core Sample

I have to go have another bone marrow biopsy tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it, but there are worse things in the world. At least the moment they stop the biopsy, it stops hurting; it isn't like having a central line reset, which leaves you feeling like you've been kicked in the chest with pointy-toed shoes five or six times.

It's a little hard to believe that I'm almost at the end of the 100-day bone marrow transplant program. There were times (especially when going through ESHAP and then again when I was having to resort to morphine to kill the chemo-induced burn in my mouth) when I didn't think I'd ever get to the end.

But here we are, one bone marrow biopsy, one PET/CT scan, and one final consult away from the official end of the program. Time's fun when you're having flies, huh?

2 comments:

Jean said...

YOU SHOULD HAVE WAKED ME UP TO DRIVE YOU HOME.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.