Saturday, April 10, 2010

Julia And I

I just watched Julie & Julia. Or was it Julia & Julie? Oh, whatever. Fun movie - Meryl Streep is so good it's almost creepy, so much so that when the story switched back to Julie, I found myself wishing they'd get to Julia as soon as possible. Not that the Julie story was unappealing, but Meryl Streep stole the whole movie, as far as I'm concerned.

What if some fancy-pants Hollywood type discovered my blog and decided it (for some unfortunate reason) it should be turned into a blog? The resulting movie would make even less sense than Videodrome and be less fun than Out Of Africa.

But it does get one to thinking (which cynics might argue isn't such a good idea for me). If my blog was turned into a movie, who would they cast to play me? Pierce Brosnan seems like a good fit. If he's asking for too much money, why not Will Smith, or Jeff Goldblum?

Oh, sure. They'd be more likely to cast Leonid Brezhnev, after the heart attack.

PS: I am amused to find just how badly I've been mispronouncing Boeuf Bourguignon all these years. I find myself sitting and staring at those words, Boeuf Bourguignon, and the more I stare, the stranger they look. It's like my mind on some dark instinctive level thinks it should be spelled Beowulf Bolognaise.

And that, as they say in Hollywood, is a wrap.

1 comment:

Stockyard Queen said...

I have called the Coen brothers to tell them they need to turn this blog into a movie.