Tuesday, May 29, 2007

This Irritates Me

You know what irritates me? It irritates me that no matter what I try to do on my computer, every ninety seconds or so some stupid thing appears on my screen boasting that updates for this or that thing are ready and I should click in the bubble to get started.

And what's really frustrating is that it's almost all anti-virus software that does all this popping up!

Leave my desktop alone! Stop asking me stupid questions! Geez, this is almost worse than having to deal with viruses!

AOL is the worst. They've taken to popping up windows that apparently can't be unpopped; they just sit there hogging my screen like toadstools in the lawn. But AOL is guilty of more sins that just that; I find their habit of removing focus from what I'm doing utterly infuriating. I'll be typing something and all of a sudden AOL thinks I need to do something else, so they drag the focus away from the window I'm typing in and I have to click back on it - sometimes five or six times in a row. I tried to write AOL a nasty email about it, but they kept shifting focus away from the email editor and finally I had to go chew on nails before my head exploded.

But now I feel much better.

No comments: