Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Echo Results

My echocardiogram results are in, and it appears that I'll survive. They didn't see anything alarming, and could only produce a slightly enlarged right ventricle and left atrium as the main diagnostic finding (well, that and the entirely expected minor loss of compliance in the left ventricle).

In honor of this I tripled the distance that I walk at lunch, and I'm going to add five minutes to my exercise time at night.

More importantly, I'm going to declare victory and stop thinking of myself as a fragile, damaged heart attack survivor. One must exercise due caution, of course. I don't want to spring my chest open, after all, and the more weight I lose and the lower I get my cholesterol level, the better off I'll be. But I think it's time to declare victory and move on. There are a great many other things I can worry about instead!

No comments: