Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Endorsement

I've decided to endorse Bill Richardson for President. Of all the candidates that I've had to suffer through listening to, he's caused me the least suffering and seems the closest generally to what I personally believe. Plus I don't get the feeling from him (as I do from most of the others) that he'd say pretty much anything to get elected, though he very well might. He might even say "I'll get that fish fer yeh, college-boy." I don't know.

But since he's running 93rd in the polls and is about as likely to be elected President as Cord McCoy*, my endorsement can be thought of as a "protest endorsement". But somehow none of the others do much for me - it's a maelstrom of hoarse voices, immacute coifs, gleaming teeth, and insincerity, and I'm tired of them all.

*Cord McCoy, the Amazing Helium-Filled Cowboy: when he talks, he sounds for all the world like he's been inhaling helium.

No comments: