Saturday, January 19, 2008

Gaming Update

Well, my conservatorial efforts are complete. I've cleaned, sorted, organized, and stored my games. The games I don't intend to play any time this century have been wrapped in clear plastic leaf bags and put back into storage. Things that I might play this century have been stashed in plastic bins. Things I will definitely play are in a plastic bin in my closet. All the role-playing rules are in one spot, except for all my Tunnels & Trolls adventures, which I'm not convinced are really role-playing.

It's hard to say why I keep some of these games. Flat Top is a good example. I didn't enjoy it the few times I played it. It's fiddly and large and yet incomplete. The package weighs a ton. The ruptured box spews counters like the Amoco Cadiz. I should just throw it away, since it's damaged and incomplete and I don't even like it. But I just can't seem to get within 15 feet of the trash can with it.

Or Fast Patrol Boats. This one I did like, more than I probably should have, and I played it a lot. But now the game (which came shipped in what amounts to a double LP holder) is badly damaged. It got wet at some point, so the album has stuck together and the whole thing smells like mold. But I can't throw it away! Geez!

Well, now everything's halfway organized and sealed in plastic. I guess that's an improvement.

No comments: