Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Nasal Hair

All of my nose hair has fallen out. Sounds pretty funny, doesn't it? Might even sound convenient. But without nose hair, my nose constantly oozes. Constantly. And without nose hair to trap warm air, my nostrils are constantly ice cold, like I'm camping out in the middle of some icy Finnish forest. I'm tempted to tape a piece of flannel to my nose just to keep it warm. I thought about trying to shove absorbent thingamabobs up my nose, but the only things that seemed close to the right size were cigarette filters, and even though I haven't smoked in almost two years, it still seems unwise to tempt fate by putting anything to do with cigarettes up my nose.

In the immortal word of Professor Lupin, "Riddikulus!"

1 comment:

Stockyard Queen said...

Though it's indelicate, I'll remind you that in an emergency (like after you get your nose broken in a bar fight), you can pack your nose with a, er, tampon, cut in half. Might want to get rid of the string, too.