Friday, May 15, 2009

Blawg Dawg

The Blawg Dawg is better. She had to go to the vet Monday because she kept crying with pain for no discernable reason, and we simply can't have a sick dawg. For all the hours that the dawg has sat patiently on the sofa next to me while I tried not to be sick from chemo, she deserves to be taken to the vet when she's in pain.

Turns out she has arthritis (arf-ritis, haha) in her neck and back, but somehow it got aggravated to the point that turning her head made her cry. So the vet gave her some muscle relaxants and pain pills, and the dawg is better. She still seems a little sore from time to time, but she doesn't cry and she seems happy.

So I'm thinking, you know, she hasn't used up her pain pills and muscle relaxants, and how unethical would it be if I gave her bacon and kept the pills for myself?

5 comments:

Stockyard Queen said...

Dogs are amazing. They really have to be in pain to complain. Mostly they just keep going.

William said...

They are amazing. They're tougher than I am, that's for sure. But then again, I don't snack out of the cat litter box, so maybe I'm okay with the status quo after all.

Stockyard Queen said...

Well, maybe she's smarter than we are--moral of the story is, never turn down a snack, wherever you find it!

William said...

And I'm sure I eat some things, such as canned Hormel tamales, that would strike the average person as intensely revolting. Who am I to pass judgment on cat litter box crudites?

In recent years I've slowed down on my Hormel tamale consumption, but if unsupervised, oh yes, I'll still throw down a can.

Stockyard Queen said...

Those Hormel guys are on to something. I can spend hours making chili and the boys would still rather have Hormel out of a can.