Saturday, May 30, 2009

Lamentum Aeturnus

You know what, I feel pretty crappy for the weekend before chemo. Usually by the weekend before chemo I'm starting to get my act together, but Cheez-Whiz, not this time. Legs hurt in a dull continuous way. Hands feel like they're being electrified. Colon in open revolt. Fingernails splintering and coming apart. Mood dull and uninteresting, and getting more uninteresting all along.

But at least I don't seem to have cancer any more. One more chemo, and a few weeks of recovery, and maybe I can finally stop experiencing (and complaining about) this wretchedness.

I really wanted to write a post to test my computer - I updated the web browser and I want to make sure it'll do the small number of things I expect it to do before I declare victory. But since I'm flat out of energy and ideas, and can't seem to think of a single interesting thing to say, I fell back on the old standby of griping about chemo.

Thank you for your patience. This concludes this test of my new browser ("same as the old browser," I think The Who would say).

3 comments:

Stockyard Queen said...

Eyes on the prize, William. Just one more, then it's over!

William said...

I used to think that the ABVD chemo protocol lasted six months because it only took six months to kill the cancer. I now think that it only lasts six months because nobody can stand seven or eight months of this. Oh, all I do is complain!

Stockyard Queen said...

Complain all you want, we can take it! I think you're right about the duration of chemo. Seems like they do their best to kill the cancer, just short of killing the patient.