Thursday, November 12, 2009

Random Thoughts

Wouldn't it be amusing if all the people who obsessively use kosher salt because they think iodized salt has a funny aftertaste developed enormous goiters?

Do you think when Arnold Schwarzeneggar was oiled up and posing for a movie camera and uttering his famous line Get to de choppa that he had any inkling that he would in the fullness of time become the Governor of California? Or that as a budding young bodybuilder in Austria that he had any inkling that he would in time be oiled up and posing for a movie camera while uttering Get to de choppa? I can't decide if this represents some kind of deep circularity or if it's just stupid.

(The other day I was browsing the HobbyLink Japan website (www.hlj.com) and I saw they actually used the line Get to de choppa! You have a love a company that'll do that. HobbyLink Japan, by the way, is the source for weird, wild and wonderful hobby products from Japan. There's a link on their website ominously labeled "Japan Culture", but having sworn off anime and manga cold turkey, I fear to click on it.)

I would write more but, to your great relief, I'm going to stop because I have a splitting heache. Finally, an ailment I can't blame on chemo! This headache is mine, I tell you, MINE! It isn't the result of intercalated DNA or alkylated base-pairs or severely disturbed microtubule production; it's something I did to myself by drinking too much coffee this morning. For that reason, I'm kind of fond of it. Compared to the bilious retching nausea, endless diarrhea and aggravating neuropathy of chemo, it's like a visit from an old friend. An old friend with poor hygiene and annoying habits, but an old friend nevertheless.

No comments: