Sunday, April 22, 2007

Great Advertisement

I recently saw an odd commercial on TV. I think I was watching bull riding, but I don't remember for certain. The commercial starts by listing a whole laundry list of reasons why people shouldn't take certain NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-imflammatory drugs), including bleeding ulcers, heart problems, sudden death and presumably even bad vibes.

It then went on to recommend an NSAID. I think it was Celebrex, but don't quote me on that, because I was laughing too hard when they got around to actually saying the name of the drug.

Why was I laughing? Because, and I am not making this up, one of the reasons the commercial cited for why we should take their drug is because "it hasn't been taken off the market." Is that the best thing this drug has going for it? Jeez. It's like advertising a car by saying "So far we haven't had to recall it because of some embarrassing design flaw."

No comments: