Thursday, May 01, 2008

Officially Funny Now

Okay, the clothes have been through the laundry, I've been through the wash myself, and the sun rose this morning as expected, so it's all officially funny now. Not the sort of thing that's a total belly laugh, but the sort of thing where I pinch that long-suffering bit of nose between my eyes, shake my head ruefully, and sort of snort.

Once the symptoms go away, I'll think it's funnier yet (surely there must somewhere be a joke about a spurting Caucasian in a Chinese restaurant).

But my real fear yesterday was that the earth would simply stop turning on its axis and all life would be wiped out as a consequence. And it never does, does it? It just seems like at the time - "Oh, great, this is the last embarrassing spectacle we needed; this is the straw that will break the camel's back and lead to the extermination of life on the planet." Or at least the remainder of my place of chicken chow mein...

No comments: