Thursday, July 03, 2008

Big Day

Tomorrow is a big day for me. Not big in the sense that I'm going to be doing something dramatic and exciting. No skydiving, no curing of cancer, no bringing relief to scabby eczema, nothing like that. Mostly it's the anniversay of the day I didn't die. Regulars will remember that on July Fourth of last year I suffered a heart attack which led to quadruple bypass surgery on the Fifth.

So tomorrow is sort of my didn't-die-day, as opposed to a birthday. I plan to celebrate in the time-honored fashion, by consuming a six-pack of Newcastle Brown Ale while sitting in the swimming pool. If I get a new iPod in time, I could even listen to Bruce Springsteen while I'm at it, even though right now I'm (still) listening to Amon Amarth.

So if you're looking for me, that's where I'll be.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!! What a difference a year makes, eh?

William said...

Indeed yes! At this time last year I had a plastic tube up my Unmentionable Thing. Not having that is, by itself, reason to be greatly happy!