Sunday, July 06, 2008

Hmm

Well, here I am at the end of another four-day weekend, and facing the prospect of having to get up early tomorrow morning to go to work. Have I accomplished anything in these four days? It certainly doesn't seem like it, but at least I didn't make anything worse, like shooting my foot off with a shotgun or finding a colony of strongly telepathic pod-people out in the farther reaches of the ranch. That's something, I guess.

I should note for the record that my aunt Eleanor died on the 4th. She was 84 and hadn't been doing very well, so the word from Iowa (where it happened) is that it was "not unexpected." Mostly what I remember about her is that she was always baking something, and she lived in that little house that always seemed half-submerged in dense growths of hemp.

No comments: