Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It Has A Name

Well, it has a name. The surgeon who did the biopsy apparently kept prodding the pathologist, who said it was Hodgkin's. The official report hasn't worked its way through channels yet so I guess technically I still don't have a diagnosis, but the "telephone diagnosis" is Hodgkin's. And it's good to know.

But in a way, I was hoping for one of those other lymphomas that didn't have a name, just so I could call it "Earl's Lymphoma" or something. I didn't really want to name it after me. It's like Lou Gehrig's Disease; everyone shudders and thinks "Oh man, that poor bastard." I don't need a lot of poor bastard shudders associated with my name, so I was going to name it after Earl.

2 comments:

Stockyard Queen said...

Why not name it "Justin McBride"? After all, he's gone, gone, gone!

William said...

You know, you raise a good point. Justin McBride's Lymphoma. I'm sure, seeing as he's sitting on a considerable pile of cash, he wouldn't care.

Or Donnie Gay's Lymphoma - not active any more, but it can still raise a ruckus when it feels like it.