Saturday, December 13, 2008

Rough Day

Today was a rough day. I don't know why it was so bad, necessarily. Perhaps a byproduct of the nuclear stress test, perhaps an insalubrious alignment of the planets, perhaps just bad luck, but I felt like crap all day, with the nadir occuring around noon. I'm always quick to attribute this sort of thing to eating the wrong kind of food, eating a bad piece of bologna, failing to take my medications at the right time. But what if it isn't really anything like that? What if I feel like crap just because I've got cancer and my body is starting to unwind and fail?

Brrr. Scary thought.

Time to get that chemo shit going! For those keeping score, Monday I go to my PCP, and Tuesday I go back to the oncology institute (the one "behind Albertson's", in their memorable phrase) for the PET scan. That leaves only the invasive biopsies to be done. I figure I'll take the first course of chemo just before Christmas, which means on Christmas eve at mom's house I'll be sitting in a corner, wearing a plastic poncho with a bucket between my legs. How festive! Maybe I can find a nice green bucket.

1 comment:

Jean said...

If it's any consolation, I have the same fears.