Saturday, July 04, 2009

The Agony of De Feet

You know the painful tingling sensation you get when your leg falls asleep and starts to wake up? That's exactly how my feet feel now, only the sensation doesn't go away. There are two bits of good news, though. First, I think it means my neuropathy is healing. Second, the sensation sort of fades into the background if I don't pay attention to it.

But I always have to wear socks. Walking around without socks causes what Blondi would call a "dangerous state of over-stimulation". It's like being tickled by fifty midgets* armed with cat whiskers. I don't know exactly what that feels like, but it seems like the sort of thing that would make Blondi screech.

* Someone once told me that it was politically incorrect to use the word midget. I suppose so, but if I understand the FSM scriptures correctly, a "midgit" was involved in the very earliest act of creation. I view that as validation.

No comments: