Wednesday, July 01, 2009

A Correction

Earlier I said that beta decay involves the emission of a positron and a neutrino as a neutron is transformed into a proton. This is incorrect. Beta-minus (B-) decay involves the emission of an electron and a neutrino as a neutron is transformed into a proton. Beta-plus (B+) decay involves the emission of a positron and a neutrino as a proton is transformed into a neutron.

Mea culpa.

But since I didn't have a PET scan today, I am not doing either kind of beta decay. Mostly I just have a deep hole in my ass from where they took the core sample out of my pelvis. This was Not Much Fun, but at least it's over, and this time they managed to get both some of the goopy aspirate from the marrow and a little core sample of the bone itself too, so this time there'll be none of that "We didn't get enough material to be sure" schtick. Now we wait a couple of weeks for the lab to decide whether my rogue Reed-Sternberg cells have gotten into my bone marrow or not.

Given the choice, I vote "not".

1 comment:

Stockyard Queen said...

Voting not out here, too.