Friday, July 30, 2010

Denim Diapers

I saw an ad on TV the other day for disposable diapers printed so they look like denim shorts. On the one hand, this sort of agitates my WTF instinct. It has nothing to do with actual babies, who would be just as happy running around entirely nekkid. It has everything to do with the smug self-satisfaction of the hipsters who think this sort of thing is cool, and I am as a general rule dubious of practically anything that makes the average hipster's sense of smug self-satisfaction any more smug or self-satisfied.

But in another way, I wish they had had Depends printed with various fabric patterns back when I was going through chemo and had to wear them because I was, for lack of a more delicate phrase, an unpredictable fountain of loathsomeness. It would have saved a lot of time - buy a package of tweed-printed Depends and you're good to go. And no laundry! You just throw the things away and that's that.

Some people think things like Depends are funny. I invite such people to undergo six months of chemotherapy and see if it's still so funny. But I still think denim-printed diapers are, well, kinda silly.

No comments: