Thursday, July 08, 2010

Fetch Me A Stepladder

I don't say much on my blog about people I know personally - I figure they have a right to a certain amount of privacy, even here, and it is in any event a fairly lame maneuver to gripe about people in a forum they don't even know about. And then there's the basic fact that I don't have much to complain about in the first place; people are almost invariably nice to me.

But, having said that, I have to say that I've survived a heart attack, open-heart surgery, cancer, a mountain of chemo and two bone marrow transplants, and I'm coming to understand that I'm under no obligation to weather abuse. I may, but I don't have to.

So with that in mind, I'm going to keep a stepladder handy, because I'm slowly compiling a list of people who can kiss my ass. And I figure the least I can do is climb a stepladder first so they don't have to bend over too far when kissing my ass.

I'm nothing if not thoughtful.

1 comment:

Stockyard Queen said...

I'll gladly hold the stepladder for you. You've more than earned it.