Monday, December 03, 2007

More Gazelle

I still can't figure out how the thumb-pressure heart monitor works. Fortunately, I don't have to - I have a perfectly acceptable Polar P6 monitor that I can use. But I'm vaguely bugged by the Gazelle's strange heart rate monitor because it's the only part of the machine that doesn't work well. I've used it for a few days now, and it remains rock-solid and almost completely dead silent - the only noise I hear is a very faint swishing sound from the shock absorbers/power rods. And exercise-wise, it produces the desired effect - heavy breathing and sweating and thumping heart rates, oh my! - with no impact on my knees or ankles. So I wish I could figure out the heart rate monitor thing so I could give it a perfect score...

But for now, it remains slightly imperfect.

No comments: