Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pie

The last week or two seem to have been really taxing, for some reason. It seems like all I do is drive and work, and the business with Poopie has been pretty draining too. I know it's chic among a certain class of trogodytic men to pretend that cats don't matter and should be killed anyway, but watching your cat die is kind of draining - almost as draining as putting up with troglodytic men who make a fetish out of hating cats. I'd go into this in more detail, but what's the point, really? The fact that he wasn't immediately struck by a bolt of lightning is proof of how little control I have over the universe, and I'll leave the matter rest there.

So tonight it's apple pie and ice cream. It's been about a decade since I had pie and ice cream, and we intend to eat a whole lotta pie and ice cream, just because. Because it's fun. Because I'm tired and worn out. Because my ribs hurt. Because I feel depressed. Because I'm sick of having to put up with troglodyte assholes. Because I want to do something other than drive and work. Because I want to do something fun, by cracky.

So if you happen to be my cardiologist and you're reading this, please permit me this one wild excessive orgy of fat and cholesterol and sugar and monosodium whatever-the-hell without laying the Heavy Brow on me.

Thank you. And now, I consign myself to a Safeway pie and a half-gallon of French Vanilla ice cream.

3 comments:

Jean said...

Is there another person that needs to get down and pray to whoever they pray to that I'm not the only person that happens along when they break down in the desert without water?? What kind of sociopath would be telling you something like that??

Barbara said...

Have you ever seen the movie "Waitress"? It's actually a good movie, and has a song in it called "Baby Don't You Cry (The Pie Song)" Here are some of the lyrics:

When the world is gray and bleak
Baby don't you cry
I will give you every bit of love that is in my heart
I will bake it up… into a simple little pie

Baby don't you cry gonna make a pie
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Baby don’t be blue
Gonna make for you
Gonna make a pie with a heart in the middle
Gonna be a pie from the heaven above
Gonna be filled with strawberry love

Baby don’t you cry
Gonna make a pie
Hold you forever in the middle of my heart.

Baby heres the sun
Baby heres the sky
Baby I’m the light and I’m your shelter
Baby you are mine
I could freeze the time

Keep you in my kitchen with me forever
Gonna be a pie from the heaven above
Gonna be filled with strawberry love

Baby don’t you cry
Gonna make a pie
Hold you forever in the middle of my heart.

Gonna bake a pie from the heaven above
Gonna be filled with butterscotch love

Gonna be a pie from the heaven above
Gonna be filled with banana cream love

Baby don’t you cry
Gonna make a pie

Hold you forever x 2
Hold you forever in the middle of my heart

Kind of sweet really... she sings it (while baking some truly intriguing pies) to her unborn baby. Hope you enjoyed your pie.

William said...

The pie was wonderful - and since there's still more pie, why do I speak of it in the past tense? I haven't seen "Waitress" but now I may have to.

As for the troglodytes, yeah, they're out there, and yeah, they say terrible things. I don't know why, but I've noticed that without exception, the real cat-hating troglodytes are right-wing blowhards too. Coincidence?

There's a blog post in that somewhere, but first I need to practice spelling "troglodyte". And eat more pie.