Friday, June 13, 2008

Old Man and the Sea Part Two



Photographs of me on vacation are not exactly thick on the ground, though that isn't a consequence of deliberate policy - I just never seem to end up in a lot of photographs, and that's probably just as well.
But here's a picture of me swimming in the ocean at Puerto Vallarta, nice and early when the beach and ocean were still deserted and I had the whole place to myself. I've subjected this photograph to detailed pixel-by-pixel scrutiny and it turns out I'm wearing a blue shirt and facing away from the camera, probably on my way out to the buoys beyond.

2 comments:

immortalincreate said...

I can't find any way to send you a private message so I'm gonna hafta do this with a comment. I found your blog via random Google search and reading about your life is freaking me out, man. It's like finding my doppleganger-- but one who became the engineer and lived an alternate ("normal") life on another time track in a parallel world. We have very similar interests, (Mech War 2? Get outta here!). I'd like to put a link on my blog to your blog. Anyway-- I've fascinated by this "phenomenon."

William said...

Mech War 2? You MUST be kidding! With the exception of a couple of guys I knew in high school, you're the first person I've ever encountered who knows what it is. It's like going on vacation to someplace unusual, like Albania, and running into someone from your home town.

I'm not sure how normal my life is, though. Beneath this bland exterior lies... innards, I guess.

By all means, link away - I can return the favor, once I remember how to do that. I'll also look at my settings and try to remember why I turned off the email option. Grumpiness probably had something to do with it.