Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Kill The Show

I never liked Jon and Kate Plus Eight. Never. I personally found them unappealing and annoying, I never thought having eight kids was interesting TV, and I never understood the weird cult of personality that surrounded them. But at least in the old days they were merciful enough to stay in the background. Now I can't open a newspaper, turn on the TV or log on to any news website without being tormented by the latest gooshy overwrought emo-drama in their screwed-up universe.

It's time for their fifteen minutes of fame to end. Way past time, actually. TLC has become infamous (with me, anyway) for airing some of the lamest TV shows in the history of the medium, and Jon and Kate Plus Lame-Assed Drama has so severely worn out its welcome that I think they should compensate the public at large for subjecting us to this crap for as long as they have.

Now we have a TV show consisting of "experts" debating whether it's too late to save their relationship. This, I think, is a whole new circle of hell entirely unimagined by Dante.

1 comment:

Stockyard Queen said...

Sadly, I don't think we've heard the last of this pair, of whom my brother said, "He's a bum and she's a bitch!" I have a feeling the big property-division battle is just heating up.