Saturday, June 13, 2009

Oh The Pain

I was watching the latest contest on the Food Network, namely, the one where roughly a dozen various nonentities compete to see who is going to become the next Food Network star. I don't have a favorite. But I'm already sick of one of them.

The guy with the quasi-Mohawk looks at the camera and says "You can't keep a tiger in a cage if it doesn't want to stay there." I guess it's supposed to come off sounding bold, confident and assertive, but it just made me sigh. Oh great, another overstuffed corn-fed ego with a balsamic vinegar drizzle and some EVOO.

But even worse, it's flat wrong. Hundreds of zoos keep tigers in cages every day, and I doubt that many of those tigers are really all that keen on staying there.

But I strongly suspect I'm in for disappointment. This same guy appears in the ads for the show about the best thing the various Food Network people have eaten, and why would he be in the ads if he wasn't already one of the Food Network collective?

Meps, Beldar. Meps.

No comments: